Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Greetings and Welcome...

Greetings and welcome to you!

This is my blogspot.  I hope you enjoy reading and sharing my postings with others.  I thought some time about whether I wanted to do this, but I feel a calling from the Creator to share.  I have also been inspired by a couple of great writers who have become my friends over the last couple of years.  So, I figured if they can do it, why can't I?!

You might be wondering where the title of 'Tuesday Afternoons' came from.  Well, it was on a Tuesday afternoon 4 weeks ago today that I was with my wife, Kim at the hospital waiting for the birth of our son, Gabriel.  Although he was born later that evening, 10 pm to be exact, that afternoon prior to his arrival was so special for me as I saw Kim endure labor and then a 'C' section to bring Gabriel into the world.  The anticipation of his arrival and all the thoughts and ideas that filled my mind were joy filled moments I will never forget. 

Gabriel
I never thought I'd have a child, especially at 48 years of age, but I'm still in amazement of what all has transpired for us over the last year.  Going from being told we had less than a 1% chance of having a child without IVF to the day in early January that we discovered who needed IVF!

So...today I start this blog off by sharing with you the joy of our little man's birth a month ago and a song that also helped inspired the blog title.  This 'Moody Blues' tune (link below) happened to be in my car's CD player that day.  Enjoy this 1970 video I found.  Oh...yes...I love music too!      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPLWBhNW3FM

I hope that going forward I can share with you thoughts and ideas on what it means to be, as in the words of a friend, a 'Jesus Follower' along with all sorts of other stuff to reflect upon.  I enter this process with the understanding that we are all on separate spiritual journeys in our lives so I hope my words can be a light to someone somewhere and have a positive impact.

Peace be with you!
-Ray

PS- the title pic is from a trip we took this past May to beautiful St. Michael's, MD on the Chesapeake Bay. Great getaway spot!

1 comment:

  1. Just found your Blog, Ray. Gabriel is a real cutie. Yes, as a father, I know just what you mean. Enjoy every minute of that precious child God has entrusted you with.

    ReplyDelete