Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Boy & His Mom

A Boy & His Mom
  It's so comforting to watch a mom and child have special moments together.  Seeing Kim enjoy time with Gabe makes me think about all the times my mom must still treasure that she spent with me.  I'm sure Kim too has thoughts about how her mom treasures that special time.

With a world full of distractions and unpleasantness at every turn lately, seeing Kim enjoy our son is truly awesome.  She takes such time with him and attends to his needs with such calm gentleness. 

It would be such a wonderful thing to be able to capture their mother-son connection for all the world to experience.  The love between a mother and her son is always so very special, so uniquely unique.

Life has changed so much over the last eight months for Kim and I.  Just tonight she said as we were giving Gabe his bath, 'I sometimes still can't believe he's here."  I too think about how not so long ago we thought we'd never be able to have a child of our own.  God has truly blessed us with a beautiful son, and he has truly blessed me with a wife who loves being a mom.  She never gives herself enough credit for how much care and love she has for our lil' man.  He's growing into a boy with so much personality, warmth and happiness because of her care and nurturing.  I'm very lucky to be a part of it. She's a great mom and I love her.
Peace,
Ray
 

No comments:

Post a Comment