Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Enjoy the Next Few Minutes Smiling!

Optimism...

this is what I feel compelled to share with you my readers.  As a Jesus Follower, a Disciple of Christ, I feel it my calling to share uplifting stories and ideas and pose questions around issues and controversial topics that will hopefully bring about positive discussion.

There's been a few things lately that I've been giving much thought too regarding church.  It's amazing how God, our parent, has a way of interjecting instances into our lives to give us what we need, when we need it.  That's what happened to me this week.  All I needed to do was think about my son, Gabe and the simplistic joy that oozes from him whenever he smiles is infectious.  I have found myself smiling as I walk down the hall of his daycare facility in preparation of picking him up for the ride home.  It's truly amazing how he can lift my spirits.  I pray that his happiness and positive demeanor grows everyday with him.  I sense a spirit of optimism in him.  As his father, I am committed to teaching him to grow his happiness into a life of powerful positive action in whatever he decides to do in life. Growing up, I can remember how negative and pessimistic I used to be.  Optimism can be an amazing thing.

This week I heard how a city responded to pessimism and negative media publicity.  As I watched the attached 9+ minute video I found myself wanting more, smiling more and more in reaction to it.  If you watch it and don't smile, well...I don't really know how you can do that...honestly, I don't.

Have a great rest of the week and enjoy the next few minutes smiling! 



1 comment: