Tuesday, December 27, 2011

11's Last Tuesday

Greetings!
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to you all!
It has been a very busy month and a half since my last post...and even that post wasn't something I'd written.  It's been a while and so with today being the very last Tuesday of 2011 I thought I owed it to myself and to those of you who have been kind enough to read these various postings to firstly say THANK YOU!

Secondly, I need to end the year by re-establishing my writing discipline.  I was thinking today that I'd missed sharing positive vibes with you all and that it makes a difference for me too.

So...I honestly don't have a lot to say today, except that it was a great Christmas 2011 spent with family and friends.  The coming year promises to be an exciting in many respects.  The exciting men's event I've been working on with a great group of committed men's ministry advocates will happen in July, but before that happens another even more exciting event will take place during the last days of March with the coming birth of our second son, Liam Hartley.

I am still astounded that Kim and I were so blessed to have had our first son, Gabriel Thomas who turns 16 months in a couple weeks.  He surprises us everyday with his growth.  He is so much fun and really a good boy.  I know, I know...so many of you read those words and say, 'just you wait'. 

I look forward to sharing more stories of optimism and more stories about being a dad working to promote men's ministry in the coming year.  Again, I appreciate everyone who reads my postings.  Good bye 2011.  Welcome 2012!!

I end 2011 by sharing with you my favorite scripture of hope and optimism, Micah 6:8, 'He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.'

Peace,
Ray







No comments:

Post a Comment